How to Clean Up Fire Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. Smoke odor can overtake your home and possessions, while soot can seriously stain walls that weren’t burned by flames. Fires can damage both to your family and your house.
Damages to your precious keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why as fire repair technicians, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damage to your home.
Cleaning Up Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. Small-scale fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your air conditioning so smoke won’t spread.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to suck out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Fire Restoration Process
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. The technicians from Paul Davis all-encompassing soot repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
Has your building had recent smoke and soot damage? Turn to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we’re done with our fire remediation services. Our professionals are specialized in effective using the proper equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning methods. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and lower smoke damage repair expenses. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke remediation services professionals from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.