Repairing Fire Damage
Fire can cause some major damage to a building. However, many people disregard the other detrimental elements of a fire. Your home and possessions can be overtaken by smoke odor and soot can seriously stain walls. Fires can be damaging to both to your house and your family.
When your cherished possessions are damaged, it can be disheartening. At Paul Davis, we understand. That’s why our specialists in smoke and soot are ready to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately, so we we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your home.
Ways to Clean Up Fire Damage
Your building can undergo serious smoke damage without a major fire. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your AC.
- Move large fans towards open windows and doors to fan out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a rag to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. The experts from Paul Davis all-encompassing smoke remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
Has your building recently undergone smoke and soot damage? Reach out to to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we finish our fire restoration services. Our experts are specialized in high-quality using productive equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning methods. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke repair services and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. Our experts get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.