No Home is Immune to Water Damage
You’ve got a lot to take care of. Worrying about water damage probably isn’t on the forefront of your mind. Many homeowners have found unforeseen water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. Call the experts immediately if this happens to you. The experts from Paul Davis will come to your house to assess and repair any water damage in your home. But there are preemptive actions that any homeowner can take to prevent costly water damage repairs. It’s important to know how to look for water damage in your home, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
How Does Water Damage Occur?
Every home has appliances that are necessary to your everyday life. Unfortunately, a malfunctioning appliance can cause unexpected issues. Any appliance, whether it’s a washing machine, dishwasher, sink or toilet, any of these appliances can cause major issues by overflowing. The experts from Paul Davis can mend any leaks and repair water damage when emergency strikes. Rely on Paul Davis to fix water damage from:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Water Damage Can Be Avoided
There’s nothing worse than experiencing water damage on your property knowing you could have prevented it. There are ways to prevent this. If you want to avoid water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaking pipe or washing machine can easily turn into a bigger problem. You can take preemptive actions to avoid water damages. Unfortunately, it could be too late. In that case, call Paul Davis 888-473-7769. We have over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Let us help you.