Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Mold is pretty much everywhere and, whether you can see it or not, chances are your property has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is something that occurs naturally, however the kind of mold that grows in your home or business can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores travel through the air and enter buildings through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a residence on clothing, shoes, and pets. It is virtually impossible for you to prevent mold infiltrating your home. You should take action when mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on that can advise on the type of mold present is imperative. Add to that an expert that can orchestrate the best way to treat it and execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
When Paul Davis performs an investigation on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has in depth experience in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to taking care of mold safely, the best option is working with a company that specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. Paul Davis provides mold remediation and removal services in addition to basic mold inspections. Mold will cause damage to your residence as well as major health concerns to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, can negatively affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it lives in, meaning that the longer it remains without treatment in your home, the worse its effects are. The professionals at Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your property and effectively manage treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 general strains of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in people that suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produce toxic substances.
With the range of molds that can be found in any given structure, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is key to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis can aid with making your house healthy and safe from the most dangerous molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold that grows both indoors and outdoors. It can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often located in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This is a large spore mold that deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor mold which enters homes. It thrives in damp, porous environments like wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor variety trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least common household mold is fortunate, as it is among the more terrible. It needs excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins light brown or pink in color but darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, inducing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in homes after flooding or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown over time and has a musty odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in both cold and warm areas and migrates quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is commonly located in soft goods and grows and migrates in cold weather. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move quickly through a home. Symptoms start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It does well in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, textiles and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always located in kitchens and bathrooms. It is one of the black molds and contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Speak With Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect you have mold in your home call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation servicing required to remove damaging mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.