Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is in your home. Mold is something that occurs naturally, however the strain of mold that grows in your home or business is the real issue. Mold spores travel through the air, entering buildings through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a location on shoes, clothing and animals. It is practically impossible for you to eliminate mold encountering your residence. You should take action when mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to turn to that can tell you the species of mold present is priceless. Add to that an expert that can orchestrate the optimal way to treat it then execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial emergency restorative services for all sorts of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
With a Paul Davis inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has in depth experience in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is the primary step in what can be an arduous procedure. When it comes to taking care of mold safely, your prime choice is to work with a company that specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis offers mold removal and remediation services as well basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your property and major health problems for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will adversely affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the environment it’s found in, this means that the longer it goes without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the kinds of mold growing in your residence and effectively deal with treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general species of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in individuals that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic microorganisms.
With the abundance of molds that can be found in homes, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is key to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis will assist with making your home healthy and safe from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which thrives both outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly found in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It thrives in overtly moist, porous areas like wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor variety bring about asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, fortunately is a less common household mold. It needs excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It is a powdery mold that grows in a selection of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins pink or light brown in color but darkens to dark brown-black the older it is. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, inducing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It carries a musty odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey over time. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in both warm and cold areas and spreads rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts adversely with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and spreading in cold weather, Fusarium is pink or coral in color and is commonly found in soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It grows in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always found in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds that contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Contact Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know you have mold in your residence call the team with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation services necessary to remove insidious mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.