Do you and your children know what to do in case your home or your community is affected by flood, storm, fire or other disaster? Sadly, many families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency happens, you most likely will not all be in the same place. This is why creating a plan for your family is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis is here to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and designed to allow you to enter personal information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family.. Then, just save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email copies to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should also have supply of water, food and other essentials in case of emergency. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and keeping it in an easily accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for a minimum of three days
- Food – minimum 3-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your community, employer, school, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least two times a year.
Having a plan in place will help you and your family be better prepared when dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. Here at Paul Davis, we want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our community. Please take a moment to download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, storm, mold, water or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form