Does your family know what to do in case of a storm, fire, flood or other disaster in your home or community? Unfortunately, most families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency occurs, you most likely will not all be together. This is why creating a plan for your family is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis is here to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a customizable templatecreated to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family.. Save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email a copy to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should plan to have a supply of water, food and other necessary items in the case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis recommends putting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for a minimum of three days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your community, employer, school, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least twice per year.
It is important to have a plan in place so your family will be better prepared when dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. Here at Paul Davis, we want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our neighbors and friends. Please download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, storm, mold, water or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form